Thursday, September 15, 2011

sammiches.

{7:14 am}
waking up to sunshine. {always a bad sign if it is a school day}.
realizing One {back-up alarm clock number one} and my husband {back-up alarm clock number two} are still sleeping. no, not just sleeping, SNORING.

rush to the bathroom to complete the essentials: sweeping over a face towelette, brushing my teeth, and applying mascara.
crap, it's picture day. good thing I showered last night. and have a dress that isn't wrinkled.
did i mention school starts at 7:30?

{7:37}
arrive at school.
take that back....RUN into school.
grab my kids from a sweet friend who covered for me.
"mrs. dismuke, you look different. are you going to fix your eyebrows?"
{for some reason i have 3 students who have either shaved, Nair-ed, or waxed part or all of their eyebrows off. seriously, don't ask.}

{8:25}
math.
i have a sweet little friend {let's call him g} who struggles to pay attention. highly intelligent, but quite the falling-out-of-the-chair kind of attention span because we are looking at things all around the room.
i have to call on him to make sure he is with me constantly. {4th week of school, people}

me: g, when i compare 4-digit numbers what place value do i start comparing first?
{another sweet friend, j, is quite the jokester}
j: (whispers to g) "seven"
g: SEVEN!
j: PSYCH!

((apparently you had to be there)).

{11:10}
since i didn't put my burrito in the freezer, i overcooked it in the microwave.
burnt myself with black beans.

{11:43}
recess.

t: mrs. dismuke, i got "tazered" at recess.
me: you got "tazered? really? and you're still standing? how did this happen?
t: you know, when you go down the slides...my fingers got "tazered".
me: wait, SHOCKED?!
t: well, yeah mrs. dismuke, "TAZERED"! (duh.)

{11:57}
dancing raising experiment.

"what is a raisin? they look like rabbit poop." hmmm yummmm....

{fast forward to 9:46 pm}
making "sammiches" for my 14 littles who are going to the Baylor vs. A&M soccer game tomorrow night with me to watch their hannah play.


holy moly i love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment