Sunday, August 15, 2010

YouTube Inspired

Well Happy Sunday to all. I write this anxiously awaiting tomorrow where I will officially start as a 3rd grade teacher during our inservices. Not that I haven't spent most waking hours thinking, eating, sleeping, "school" at workshops, trainings, and in my room, but I just love the officialness of tomorrow. Like I even ordered a school polo shirt and all. Legit.

As I write this, I am inspired by a sweet YouTube find by none other than the fabulous Hannah Dismuke (aheeeemmmm, my sister because if you haven't noticed, we share the same name....) Oh, and I have a sign outside my room that says "Dismuke". And yes, I still chuckle every time I walk by it.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYBuuz1izvs&feature=related

And this. Sorry, Jennifer Marie McCatharn, but who is Justin Bieber again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-1rP-lI-Bo&feature=related

I'm at a draw as to dancing/singing/twirling with the dog/singing into a hairbrush when I listen to him. I guess that's what every singer dreams his 22 year old fans would do. He should be excited and mailing me a signed CD.

In other news, I found a haircut place that I LOVE. Since I'm married and technically live with my husband in College Station and have a job in College Station, I figured it was time to find a place in College Station. I get extremely anxious about things like this. I mean it's HAIR!! It doesn't grow overnight!! Well it does, just slowly. I got my hair cut and colored there and I feel like there is one thing in my life that doesn't stress me out anymore. I mean Priscilla can even cut my bangs the way I like them (gasp!).

In other news, this commercial makes me roll on the floor laughing, or ROTFL, for all of you tech-savvy individuals. Just something about it makes me crack up. Even if I'm the only one home. In t-minus 1 day I will say goodbye to television all together. Adios Old Spice commercial date, hello 3rd grade.
http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSpice?v=uLTIowBF0kE&feature=pyv&ad=5174223377&kw=old%20spice%20commercial&gclid=CNu926nEvKMCFRsNswod5SbCbg#p/p

Let's take a poll. Which direction do you hang your clothes? Like does the front face right or left? Because my husband does it wrong. I've recently realized that when doing laundry and putting his clothes away. I'm OCD like that and all things must face the same direction, so it's been a struggle letting him know gently this is incorrect. My OCD lets up during school because with lots of little ones touching your things, moving your things, using your things, you've just got to let it go. Thank the Lord for elementary school. I belong there.

Back to the laundry talk, I HATE FITTED SHEETS. Like how do you fold them? I still haven't figured it out. Confession: YouTube videos are no help at all. I told you this post was YouTube inspired. I have resorted to only using 1 of our 2 pairs of sheets. Like I take them off, wash them, and put them right back on to avoid the horror of folding them. When, on the rare occasion I do have to "fold" them, I roll them. Saves time, wrinkles, and bad words.

Puppy is growing SO much recently. Like sometimes I don't even recognize him. This isn't the same boy we brought home from the hospital, errr, ummm pet store. hahaha He has made me realize why I want NO children in our near future. He is still a total waterbaby. A few days ago, he had an accident while we were just finishing cooking dinner. He also walked in it, so I immediately took him to the bathroom and stuck him in the bathtub until I could get dinner off of the grill pan and bread out of the oven. 15 minutes later, I wondered where the little booger was.



Surprise. He was just chilling in the bathtub figuring out how to turn the water faucet on with his head. Genius I tell you!

As for food news, HEB has strawberries for $1.98 and they are GOOD. I am getting "berried out" for the summer because they are on their way out, but the ones they have now are good! So get to HEB and buy 3 packs like I did!

We had another little playdate outside with the pup. He loves being outside almost as much as being in the water. I realized I have NO pictures with our dog-child, so we took a few...



Did you know One was part rabbit?! Neither did we!




Next post (because I'm anxious and like to always know what's coming next): classroom pictures (because I HAVE to be done Thursday for Meet the Teacher night....I am the "teacher" part of that!! EEeeeeeeeee), chalkboard flower pots, One updates (duh), kitchen pictures. Annnnndddd I think my best friend is coming to visit with her new baby (by baby I mean puppy). Eeeeeeekkkk!

Faithfully.

1 comment:

  1. Christina you are so beautiful and I love reading your blog!

    -Liz Butts

    ReplyDelete