Sunday, August 8, 2010

Odds and Ends.

As usual, this blogpost is just word vomit. Sorry for the mental picture. I am having a hard time organizing my thoughts today for some reason and I have been keeping a short list (LOVE lists, duh) of odds and ends to remind me of what I wanted to blog about at some point in time over the past few days. I love to write, but in this busy season of life my writing has dwindled to shopping lists, to do lists, and love letters to my husband and best friends. So, here you have it, odds and ends.

Annndd now my husband is trying to convince me to watch an "iconic" football game from 1983 - BYU vs. UCLA. Negative. Moving on. Train of thought is slowly dwindling. I have spent the last week (8am-4pm) at a Computer Math training for my school, and have spent the leftover time attempting to get my room ready. It is slowly getting there. The only thing missing is kids. Our back room has been converted into an organizational haven.



Speaking of kids, we had a night last week where we got to participate in an outreach in the projects by my school and I got to see so many of my kiddos. It was so encouraging to see them and hear about their lives. I have missed that immensely. While I was walking some home, I was able to meet 3 parents of kids who are going to be in my class this year. As I was walking back to my car I noticed that pretty much every unit in the projects had multiple chairs on their front porches. I just loved that and the sweet fellowship that they had. I pray that though I might not always have chairs on our front porch, my heart would always be in a place to invite people to come sit and talk.

Speaking of kids (again), Colin and I's "kid" is growing up. He is definitely in the puppy stage, but is teaching me a lot about what training him means. It is such an encouragement as I am about to have a class that needs "training". Patience, unconditional love, and reflection consistently come to mind when I think about this season of life with this puppy. He absolutely adores Colin and almost knocks himself off of his own feet as he wags his tail whenever he sees Colin come through the door. He starts Puppy Kindergarten in 2 weeks, but is quite a bit ahead considering he has a Kindergarten-teaching mommy. He knows the words, sit, come, down, go potty, and no quite consistently. Sometimes I worry about him thinking his name is "No, One, no!" We are working on that. Like the day before yesterday he poured out an entire cylinder of uncooked oatmeal, running through the house with the container in his mouth. Or how while I was in the bathtub yesterday, he protested by ripping a bag of flour open and digging in. The combination of wet ears from the water and the cakiness of the flour was lethal and he got his wish of getting a bath. Here are a few pictures of his crazy self playing in the water today. For those of you who don't know, One is a total waterbaby. He does anything and everything to get in water. I even have to take a bath while he is asleep, otherwise he will cry, cry, cry until I put him in (after I am done, of course...don't think he is swimming in there with me).







I love this one...



Puppy likes the herb pots too...



Those ears get him in lots of trouble. Imagine those babies dragging water through the house...



Monkey grass is one of One's favorite things...




One and I had a visitor come and stay with us last week, and I think Onesie found a new best friend. Second graders make really great friends, y'all. Here is my sweet cousin, Zach, and One snoozing.



Oh, yeah. And Zach and his sweet momma brought us some fresh peaches from their recent trip to Arkansas. Let me just try to put into words how much I love peaches. Yeah, that's impossible. Let's just be honest, I have no shame in eating a peach. Juice could be running down my chin and I have no care in the world. Let's just put those peaches with strawberries and Blue Bell and I could pretty much die and go to heaven. Except I don't want to leave my husband and puppy quite yet. I might choose to lay off this obsession. Good thing peaches are about to go out of season.



Okay, last thing. I have a new obsession. Well, my list-making obsession is known to the world, but this organizational method is ridiculous. It is a day-by-day meal planner from OLLIBIRD. I usually have a list on my fridge, but this is an incredible chic, fun way to display, remind, and change with no worries (it's dry erase)! It's called the Scribble Menu and it looks like this:



I had it a 12x16 poster printed off at Kinko's for $15 and got a silvery frame from Hobby Lobby (frames are half off people!) And then my husband hung it in our kitchen for me. You can find it here if you want to download and make one of your own......
http://blog.ollibird.com/2009/04/menu-planner.html

Annnddd now my husband is serenading me to a Delta water faucet commercial. I need to go rescue him.

No comments:

Post a Comment