Tuesday, December 21, 2010

feeling crafty.

I have a new love. Felt. Felt flowers in particular. I found this great tutorial over at The Pretty Poppy and I just can't stop making them! I've made one to adorn a Hostess gift...


((http://theprettypoppy1.blogspot.com/2010/07/pretty-little-rosie-wreath.html))

...and some to make this cute burlap wreath for a sweet friend (both of which were easy peasy!)




Husband and I also have had an intense Fruit Ninja war the past few days. It is an app FYI. Not JUST an app, the funnest, most addicting iphone game in the whole wide world. We even had a Starbucks date/war the other night and we sat there sipping our winter drinks, playing Fruit Ninja, and trash talking each other. Most entertaining 99 cents we have ever spent.

I have been enjoying my holidays being at home, being productive, and trying to relax. I went to see my stud little sister play an awesome game of basketball on Monday...



...and then spent the rest of the day making Peppernut cookies with my sweet Granny. She makes these cookies every Christmas (and ONLY at Christmas because they take forever) and I just cannot get enough of them. If there is anything I could eat my weight in besides bubblegum snowcones, sour patch kids, and apples, it would be THESE COOKIES. Frankly, we have no idea why they are called Peppernuts. They should be called "Labor of Love" cookies. Because they. took. forever. This secret (well, not really) recipe makes 7 POUNDS (of awesomeness) and filled up 11+ cookie sheets. And they are teeney-tiny little shaped cookies. We took some back to College Station and they are already gone. Before I could take some artsy pictures. So, you'll have to wait until Christmas to get the recipe and see pictures of the actual cookies. Apparently I was too busy devouring dough to take pictures. At least my sister did get a picture of us actually making them.



Already missing my kids. We were talking about prepositional phrases before we left and I wanted them to memorize 10 or so of the most common ones. Up was one of them. We did an activity where they got to choose some of them and write and illustrate sentences. 3/4 of my class decided to use the preposition up. No problems there. Fair preposition. Except when it was used like this:

Mrs. Dismuke is up in the bathroom.
Camren is up playing with Colin.
Mr. Dismuke is up in the park playing with One.

Trying to explain how "up" cannot be used like that was hilarious. Reason #318 why I love love LOVE my job.

4 days until Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Christina, I found your blog on a mutual follower's page and every time I stumble across yours, I love every word and picture! So I suppose, it's time to make my stumbling official and become your newest follower! Keep it up :)

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete