Sunday, December 12, 2010

tis the season.

I just love Christmas. Hence, the change in blog wallpaper and spring in my step. I like the shiny, glittery, snuggly, savory, sweet, fresh things Christmas brings. Annnnddd while I sit here explaining all of the great things, the actual day inches closer and closer. Anndddd I realize how NOT ready I am. Friday is my last day of school and, while I will be left with a 3rd grade size hole in my heart for 3 weeks, I will hit the ground running to partake in the Christmas cheer.

Christmas Cheer #1. I made peppermint bark today. My FAVORITE is from Williams-Sonoma, but with a price tag of about $30, I have chosen to make my own bountiful batch. Doubtful I will ever go back. Lovely Martha Stewart has a great one and it is easy peasy.



2 pounds white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
12 large candy canes
1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil


Line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.

In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly.

With a chef’s knife or meat tenderizer, cut or pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.

Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, and pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread evenly. Chill until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Christmas Cheer #2.

My husband bought a red JCrew onesie for his Christmas pajamas. One of my favorite traditions growing up was when my parents would buy me brand new (and already washed) Christmas pajamas to wear on Christmas eve. Well, we decided to carry on that tradition with our little family. Except since it was its inaugural year, we picked our own. Colin insisted on these.



Good thing that he will look great in them. Good thing he looks great in everything. If we ever go hungry, I will force my husband to sell his stunning good looks. He would fit in well to JCrew, eh?

See what I mean? He even looks handsome drinking out of my Mrs. mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment