Sunday, December 5, 2010

life as we know it.

Life as we know it has been just as busy as ever. Even after 6 months of marriage, there are new things that we are figuring out like exactly what the "in sickness and in health" vow means, how the depth of love between a husband and a wife reaches beyond what you could think, and what enduring patience means. And other things.

About a week after I last wrote, we got to know this household fixture very well.



If you guessed "Christina brought home the stomach flu to share with herself and her husband who NEVER gets sick" you are right! BINGO! Like I said, I'm glad the "in sickness and in health" vow was a part of our choice of traditional wedding vows. Because I'm sure husband would have hit the door after day 1 (when he still thought his immune system was impenetrable). Imagine 2the 2 of us, sicker than ever, and one toilet. Get it. Husband, you are the toilet to my seat, the chicken to my soup, and the throw to my up. I ate more than you at Pei Wei (after 3 days of a liquid diet). Booyah.

Additionally, One tipped the scales at 90.2 pounds (and still LOVES the bathtub.)



He also decided to eat a purple gel pen (no worries, he is still kicking.)



The Dismuke's went REAL Christmas tree shopping (this was my first time to get a real tree after growing up super allergic to them..)



Colin was super excited..



And I could SEE things close to me with my new glasses. (Sidenote: my children were astonished by the increase in my "smartness" when I put my glasses on. Goobers.)



....and found a total WINNER.



I got to hear the "Bottoms Up" ringtone while trying to call quite a few of my parents after my in-school "Come to Jesus Talks" were unsuccessful. Reason #729 why I LOVE my job. Listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAXPCphKXQ

Finally, the Dismuke Fam is celebrating our first engagement anniversary. Last year, this time in NYC, under the fresh snowflakes in Central Park, I agreed to marry the man of my dreams. And then we went and ate some incredible Italian food. Plans were altered for a date night tonight after we discovered our favorite Italian spot in Downtown Bryan was closed on Sundays. Scratch that and move until Monday. Olive Garden won't do for this date.

Oh husband, sometimes your love overwhelms me to the point of tears. Thank you for so selflessly loving me even I come home acting like a stubborn 3rd grader. Thanks for calling me your sweet girl, leaving me notes on my Morning Message powerpoint for my kids, and going to Target to get a new Christmas stand even though it was 9 at night and you were tired. You are the jingle to my bells, the Santa to my Claus and the Christmas to my lights. Love you to Pluto (now a "dwarf planet", thank you 3rd grade) and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment