Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cross My Heart.

Goodness gracious, I am not starting off on the right foot with this blog. There are so many things that cross my mind everyday that I feel would be great to write about here, but they just never seem to get there. Especially with our new little edition. Without further ado, let me introduce our little One.







Yes, his name is One. Stunningly creative, we know, but Colin just came up with it and it stuck. He IS our first. And don't hold your breath for any others anytime soon. Our first child will not be named Two in case you were starting to worry. He is almost 8 weeks old and loves to snuggle, snore loudly, run away from the vacuum, chew on pretty hair, play in the water, and frolic outside. He has definitely kept us on our toes and does bring us sweet joy amidst potty accidents, loud "no, One, NO!"s, constant monitoring, and parallel trails of water that drag through the house from his floppy ears soaking in his water bowl. I'm excited to take more pictures, but asking a 7 week old puppy to sit still and have his picture taken is like holding a Kindergartener back from being calendar helper. I mean, come on. Any potty training tips are welcome. I haven't ever had problems helping to potty train kids at daycare in the summers, but little puppies are apparently something else! I'm definitely practicing my "teacher voice" with this little guy, and am learning a lot about parenting (as silly as that sounds). All of the parents out there are just so great. And patient.

On another note, I am so happy that I married my very best friend. Time with him is so sweet to me and I just pray that all of the girls in my life - sisters, best friends, and family would find someone that loves them like I am loved. Colin is such a leader for our family and is so dedicated and driven in everything he does. I am so proud of him and constantly humbled that I am spending the rest of my life with this incredible man. I never dreamed of the sense of humor that I have discovered in Colin. The things he says and does makes me "belly laugh"...you know, those laughs that you are supposed to have at least once a week? Like the time during Dinosaur Camp he jumped on the bed pretending to be a Velociraptor and busted my lip. Or shouting from the other room "Babe, the toilet water is BLUE (I had just cleaned it).....wait, no, NOW it's GREEN!" Like who comes up with that?

Oh, and I guess I can't complete the blog without a kitchen update. We are still experiencing the joys of grilling inside and have learned to do without a microwave, disposal, dishwasher, and storage space. A picture of our creativity will come later. Props to my engineering husband. (Still not over saying "husband" yet, sorry!) Let's just say a strict regimin of Draino is a substitute for our kitchen disposal. No shame.

On another more serious note, I feel the need let y'all know about what has been on in my heart. It is definitely a pride issue for me to bring it up now: I'd rather stay in my comfort zone and tell everyone the good news if it goes "my way", or let as few people know if it doesn't work out. Drumroll pleaseeee.......Anyways, I have an interview on Friday at my school that I student taught at! As many of you know, the kids at Jones simply captured my heart. Not just my Kindergarteners, but all of them. And I found out I was good at teaching them. Really good. My doubts and insecurities about teaching these sweet kids were erased and I really felt that I was right where the Lord wanted me. What a sweet place that is. After finding out Bryan ISD was in a hiring freeze and my school had no positions, and was in fact cutting back, I was discouraged and was confused what the Lord was teaching me. I really felt like He had a strong calling on my life to be in this school while Colin was in graduate school, but was left speechless at what seemed like a closed, locked, deadbolt-locked front door. In a tearful discussion with the principal two weeks ago week about what has been on my heart and how I felt my place was at Jones with my kids, the Lord began to unlock that dead-bolted door and I found out two days ago that Bryan ISD has allowed Jones to hire 1 new 3rd grade teacher. I got the incredible news from the principal and found out I have an interview Friday afternoon. The Lord is SO good.

Obviously I have apprehensions about teaching 3rd grade, but the Lord has softened my heart to the idea of it and has put books, people, and websites in my life that have just affirmed my ability to teach the curriculum. And I think I am going to love it. Furthermore, I trust Him to provide above all of my needs. He has indeed given me this passion and love for these kids in the first place. I trust Him. And, of course, Colin is more supportive and encouraging than I could have ever asked of him. Is it Friday yet?

So, here I promise, cross my heart, to share the news about the job interview. And to blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment