Saturday, September 25, 2010

rainy day and BBQ chicken pizza.

I love Saturdays. Rainy ones are even better. Jackpot!

We got to "sleep in".....well, past normal weekly waking hours which are usually 4:45am if we decide to shoot for a run.

One of my kids and I's butterflies hatched. I can't remember if it was Lele or RJ (named by 3rd graders, can't you tell?)



Colin and I had lunch and graded papers at The Village Cafe. No brainer. Spelling tests and Ocean Engineering papers. Oh, and someone came by who was looking for inspiration for a poem and was asking people what they would do if they had one minute to live. My husband said that he would kiss his wife and then Tweet about it. Naturally, I said I would kiss my husband back. And then read his Tweet.

It started pouring so we came home to Onesie and sat on the back porch. One refused to go out in the rain (despite his LOVE for water), our lime tree bore 2 limes, and we went for a family walk in the rain.









We topped the night off with semi-homemade BBQ chicken pizza. We had the help of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free pizza crust and added some cooked chicken, red onions, jalapenos, cheese, and green onions and followed the directions on the back. I'll let you read them should you choose to use this crust. It's a great alternative to regular pizza crust and doesn't hurt my tummy. Did you know Lance Armstrong doesn't eat gluten? By choice? I thought that was interesting (fun fact from my husband).



Stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment